CANDLE CARE + SAFETY TIPS
- LIGHTING YOUR CANDLE: Tip the candle on a slight angle to allow the flame to reach the wick easily. If after lighting the wick stops burning, is smoky, or doesn't seem to be burning very strongly, extinguish the flame and trim the week to ¼” with scissors or nail clippers before relighting.
- RELAX AND ENJOY THE FIRST BURN: To ensure your candle is set up to provide the best experience each time you light it, you will want to set aside enough time to allow the wax to melt to the edges of the container during its first lighting (about 3-4 hours). As candle wax has a burn memory, this will ensure that on every subsequent lighting your candle will melt evenly across the candle surface and not create a tunneling effect which will eventually drown your wick.
- BURN NO MORE THAN 4 HOURS AT A TIME: To extend the life of your candle, let the wax melt evenly across the surface of the candle and never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time
- ALWAYS TRIM YOUR WICK: Before relighting your candle, make sure your wick is trimmed to ¼” before lighting. If your wick appears to be producing smoke at any time it may need to be trimmed. A wick that is to long will not pull up the wax and the wick will extinguish.
- BURN AT ROOM TEMPERATURE: A cold candle does not burn effectively and may cause tunneling of the wax so make sure that your candle is at room temperature before lighting.
- REUSING THE GLASS CONTAINER: Once your candle is finished, the glass candle jars make great bud vases or keepsake jars. To clean out any wax residual, wash with warm soapy water. The wax is biodegradable and can be poured out into your compost bin.
CANDLE SAFETY TIPS
- To prevent fire or serious injury, always burn your candle on a fire resistance surface, within sight and away from any flammable material (curtains, clothing, bedding etc.)
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep your candle trimmed between each use.
- Burn your candle in a well-ventilated area.
- When ½” of wax is remaining, its time for a new candle.
- Do not exceed 4 hrs of burn time.
- Blow out your candle and allow to cool 20 minutes before moving the container to prevent burn injuries.